There are very few people who use cameras now that cell phones come equipped to take such great pictures. One way to elevate your phone picture skills is to use a cell phone tripod. In this article, we’ll cover some of the best products available on Amazon and provide you with some shopping tips.
Phone tripods help you to take stable, professional-looking pictures easily. These products are not very expensive and you will immediately notice a difference in the quality of your pictures. Depending on where you plan to use your tripod, there are some options that may be better for you than others.
To help you pick the best tripod for phones for you, we’ve compiled a list of five tripods that have great customer reviews on Amazon. We’ll cover some of the basic features of each and their price. Keep reading to the bottom of the article to find shopping guidelines to help you decide which phone tripod is best for you.
1. iOgrapher Compact Flexible Mini Tripod
- Flexible and Lightweight–The tripod is also durable and waterproof. You’ll always have the right size tool at your fingertips for steady shots on the go!
- Extra Light and Portable–Weighs in at only 10 oz and 11 inches tall. Built for easy storage and set up. Max load is 2.10 lbs. and it sets up in flash.
- Highly Functional–Comes with 1/4″ 20 attachment on the top for mounting any iOgrapher case, DSLR cameras, mobile phones, action cameras (GoPro, OSMO ACTION). Included phone holder mount adjusts between 2.25-3.75 in.
iOgrapher’s phone tripod is the best-rated option on Amazon currently. It has three flexible legs that make it easy to use anywhere. You can wrap it around a pole or tree branch, you can extend the legs into three straight legs to stand alone, or you can push all three legs straight down to hold it in your hand. It’s easy to take with you anywhere because it only weighs 10 oz. and stands 11 inches tall. Bring it with you to special events, on outdoor hikes, or wherever you plan to take pictures.
Your order nets you a tripod, a phone grip mount, and a GoPro adapter. The phone holder mount can adjust anywhere between 2.25 to 3.75 inches. You can also mount any iOgrapher case to the tripod with the built-in attachment. Your purchase is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 3-year warranty. If you’re unhappy with the product, you can get a refund or replacement.
Buyers give this product an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars. They agree that it is sturdy and lightweight. One reviewer uses this tripod on hikes and has mounted the tripod to tree branches and set it on unlevel boulders with great results. Another reviewer says it works great just sitting at their work desk for Facebook Live or YouTube videos. No matter if you use it at home or on the go, this is a great cell phone tripod.
2. Xenvo SquidGrip iPhone Tripod
- Portable and Durable–The SquidGrip smartphone tripod goes anywhere you go. It’s lightweight and compact design packs a punch with unshakable strength and stability. Strong enough to hold even a full-size DSLR camera. No other phone tripod matches the SquidGrip’s strength.
- Incredibly Adjustable–Through its Ball-Head 360, you can capture photo or video from any camera angle. Its all-metal construction enables you to take 90-degree bird’s eye shots, making it the perfect tripod for food or product photography!
- Lifetime Warranty–If you’re not completely happy or if your SquidGrip professional heavy duty tripod breaks or fails, we’ll replace it or refund it, no questions asked.
This phone tripod’s flexible legs are perfect for placing the camera anywhere, whether wrapped around a pole, sitting on a flat surface, or adjusted to get a level shot on an unlevel surface. You can bend the phone mount to hold the phone either vertically or horizontally, depending on the shot you want. A mount for action cameras like a GoPro is also included, and the tripod’s ball head allows you to swivel the phone a full 360 degrees for the perfect shot.
The phone mount accommodates any smartphone, including all iPhone, Android, Samsung, Pixel, and Huawei phones, and the tripod’s design is lightweight and compact, making it perfect for travel. Simply bring it along in a backpack or purse for level, stable shots anywhere. The purchase also comes with a lifetime warranty so you can get a replacement or refund, no questions asked.
Buyers give this tripod for phones an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars. While the rating is lower than the phone tripod listed at #1, it’s important to note that this product also has far more reviews. Buyers agree that the tripod is made from quality materials for a durable product. One reviewer notes that, while you can find cheaper cell phone tripods, spending the few extra dollars on this one is well worth the investment. They also say that it comes with a USB card loaded with a helpful welcome video.
3. ZOMEi 54 Inch Cell Phone Tripod
- Stable and Reliable–ZOMEi tripod legs stretch out from the top and unfold up to 24″ away from the vertical center, and it’s stable enough to support the heaviest smartphones or small cameras up to 4.4 lbs
- Adjustable Height with Flip Lock–Three section column legs with quick release lever-locks allow you to adjust the working height from 15″ to 53” in seconds; set up/take down is fast and it fits various shooting environments and photographic needs.
- Universal Phone Mount and Bluetooth Remote–The spring-loaded phone holder can extend up 3.54″ to fit most smartphones with a case. The wireless remote pairs with your mobile via Bluetooth so you can take photos/video from 30ft/10m away
With its extendable legs, you can extend this tripod to a full 54” height or fold the legs to as few as 16” in height. With three different height options in between, you’ll be able to pick the perfect height for your shot. Once you’ve selected your preferred height, use the flip locks to hold it in place during use.
Despite its height, the design is compact and lightweight, making it easy to travel with. The phone mount can be extended up to 3.54 inches to hold most smartphones and comes with a Bluetooth remote so you can control the phone from up to 30 feet away. The phone mount also allows you to rotate in all directions, giving you a full 360-degree range. Once you’ve found the right angle, you can lock the mount into place for a strong hold.
Buyers give this cell phone tripod an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars. They agree that it is lightweight enough to travel with easily. One reviewer says that he was very pleased with the quality of the item for the price that he paid, that it was a breeze to set up, and the Bluetooth remote is a great addition. Overall, users were very happy with the quality of the pictures they took with this camera.
4. Aureday 50” Extendable Adjustable Travel Tripod
- Amazing Travel Tripod–If you want a versatile tripod for your cell phone or camera, you’ll find it here. Adapters are included enabling you to quickly install both DSLR and GoPro Action cameras, and with its carrying case, you can take it anywhere.
- Completely Portable–Weighing in at only 497g, the tripod ranges from 16” to 50” and is easily adjustable for all your still and live video camera needs.
- Wireless Remote Control–The tripod works with OS above iOS6.0 and Android 4.2.2 phones within 10m/33feet effective distance, and provides a stable connection with great responsiveness, helping you record life’s most precious moments quickly and painlessly.
Aureday’s cell phone tripod is designed to be compatible with any smartphone. You can adjust the phone holder for phone widths between 2.3 and 3.6 inches, accommodating even phones with cases. The tripod legs are also adjustable to have the camera poised as low as 15.7” or as high as 50”. Three additional height selections between them enable you to choose the best one for your photographic needs.
The tripod head rotates a full 360 degrees, enabling you to smoothly take panoramic photos or videos while its legs have anti-skid and anti-scratch feet to use the tripod on any surface. This product also comes with a wireless remote that works up to 33 feet away, perfect if you’re taking videos or pictures for vlogs, YouTube videos, live streams, etc.
Buyers give this product an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars. They say that it is sturdy and a good value for the price. Many reviewers feel the product went above and beyond their expectations for the cost. They were very pleased that they could adjust the height to so many different levels. They also say that it is very easy to pack up and travel with.
5. Doosl Selfie Stick Tripod
- Stable Bluetooth Connection–Uses Bluetooth 3.0 for a stable connection with a control range of 10M/33FT. Compatible with most IOS and Android devices without you having to download an extra app to your phone.
- Flexible Adjustment–With a horizontal 360° rotation and vertical 180° rotation, its design also reduces noise when rotating. Its length between 186mm/7.32in and 680mm/26.77in provides you with superb positioning for every shot.
- Lightweight and Portable–Stainless steel comprises its expandable stick and its legs and phone holder are made of ABS material for maximum durability and portability. Just slide it into its included carrying bag to capture on-the-go moments.
This tripod for phones can be used as a selfie stick as well. The tripod legs unfold from the handle of the selfie stick for hands-free usage. The stick telescopes from 7.32 inches to 26.77 inches. You can extend the phone mount to be as tall or as short as you need to get the perfect shot. The mount itself also tilts backward and forward 180 degrees and turns a full 360 degrees.
This is not only the cheapest option on our list, but also one of the most lightweight and is perfect for taking better photos for fun. The button that you press on the selfie stick can also be removed and used as a Bluetooth remote, enabling you to take photos and videos from up to 33 feet away. Its versatility as either a selfie stick or a tripod make it perfect for any occasion.
Buyers give this cell phone tripod an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars. They say that it is easy to use and they love the remote control feature. Many say that it is a great item for its low cost. One reviewer notes that the phone mount will hold your phone firmly so it will not accidentally slip out. It also has cushions on either side so that it will not scratch your phone during use.
A Guide to Finding the Right Tripod for Your Phone
If you’re shopping for a tripod for phones, you have a lot of options to sift through. Some of them are of much higher quality than others. Some also have more features than others. Depending on how you plan to use your tripod, you may not need features that greatly increase the cost of a tripod. To help you pick the right tripod for your phone, use these shopping guidelines.
1. Flexible or Straight Legs
The first two products on our list feature flexible tripod legs. These are great because you can use the cell phone tripod just about anywhere. According to reviews, these tripods are a real asset if you plan to use them outdoors. You can wrap the legs around tree branches or adjust them to get level pictures and videos even on very unlevel surfaces. These tripods are usually pretty short and don’t have any telescoping abilities on the legs.
If you need a tripod that can stand taller, you’ll want to go with one of the straight-legged options. These can stand over four feet tall and give you many options for height settings. While the flexible legs are a cool feature, not everyone needs them. They offer you a lot of versatility of placement, but straight-legged tripods offer you more versatility for height. If you don’t think you’ll need to mount your tripod in odd places, I recommend sticking with the classic straight-legged tripods.
2. Portability or Functionality First
Let me start off by saying that all of the products on our list function well. They all receive great reviews from buyers and are some of the best products on Amazon. However, some offer higher portability as one of their top features while others prioritize functionality.
The most portable option on our list is #5, the selfie stick with fold-out tripod legs. It is very compact and lightweight. It can easily fit into a bag or purse to take with you wherever you go.
The least portable options on our list are probably #3 and #4. They can stand the tallest, and these tripods also fold up into themselves so they are still portable. They might not be as lightweight as the selfie stick, but they are still convenient to carry.
Depending on how you plan to use your phone tripod, that extra bit of portability or functionality may be the deciding factor for you. If you aren’t picky about either of these attributes, just about any item on our list of best products will be a great choice.
3. Good Rotation and Tilt Abilities
A tripod for phones should be able to tilt and rotate at wide ranges. Tilting enables you to aim the camera higher or lower for pictures while wide rotation means you can aim it side to side.
Many of the products on our list have a full 360-degree rotation and a 180-degree tilt. This is ideal. When a phone tripod offers you this kind of flexibility, it makes it easy to maneuver the camera once you’ve placed the tripod. This smooth maneuverability will help you take great videos or make small adjustments to the camera angle easily.
While it’s not essential for a tripod head to have this kind of range, it’s a definite plus. If this is the only difference between two products that you’re considering, choose the one that will give you the most range.
Phone tripods are generally not very expensive. You can get a great product for under $30. In fact, not a single product on our list is over that amount. If you find a phone tripod costs more than that, you may want to shop around a little more. Chances are, you can find a cheaper product with the same features.
The cheapest option on our list is #5, the selfie stick tripod, which costs $16.99. While it may not be the tripod on our list with the highest functionality, it is very portable, has a Bluetooth remote, and can help you take great pictures. However, you will sacrifice some features. This option may be a little less stable because the legs are shorter. It also doesn’t stand as tall as some of the more expensive options on our list.
If you’re keeping your budget low, be prepared to make some sacrifices when it comes to features. If you are comfortable spending a little extra, I would recommend it simply because you’ll get a lot more for just a couple of dollars.
5. Guarantees and Warranties
The only product on our list that expressly states that it comes with any guarantees or warranties is #1. If you know that you will often use this tripod for phones or you plan to use it for professional purposes, I would prioritize finding a product with a guarantee or warranty. It will offer you just a little extra peace of mind that your product is worth the money that you spend. And, it will ensure that it will last you for years to come.
Buying yourself a cell phone tripod is a cheap and easy way to take more professional-looking photographs. Use our shopping guidelines and our list of great products to help you find the perfect phone tripod to take your pictures and videos to the next level.